Where do I get information from?
1. There are two main sources, firstly the D&Wrefs website is the main method for up to date information, including notice of meetings, important law changes. Secondly, use WTR for all information about appointments, including your own availability and contact details for rugby clubs etc. WTR is sometimes also used to email important notices/messages. You should check these two sources at least once a week and more frequently for your appointments.
How does the Society communicate with me?
2. The main methods are
- Dorset and Wilts Ref website.
- Meetings, where refereeing topics, law questions and society business are discussed.
- Who’s The Ref (WTR) www.whostheref.com
How is the Society organised and run?
3. This section briefly describes how D&WRURS is structured. More detail is available on the website under ‘About Us’. There are several committees and office holders, many who are elected at the AGM.
- The Committee has overall responsibility for the Society’s affairs, including its finances and its relationships with other bodies, including the RFU, the Wessex Federation of Rugby Referees’ Societies, D&W CB along with the clubs, universities and schools that fall under it. It sets the overall strategy of the Society and the annual Society Operating Plan, where specific objectives are set (see website). It is chaired by the Chairman and comprises Vice Chairman, Hon Secretary, Treasurer, Appointments Secretary, Society Match Observer Development Officer (SMODO) Discipline Officer, Exchange Secretary and Training Officer
- The Grading Committee. Its functions are appointments, grading of referees, appointment of assessors and their training, development. It comprises the Chairman, Vice Chairman, SMODO and the Appointments Secretary
Who are my Key Contacts?
The following Table summarises who you should contact in the first instance for ‘frequently asked questions’.
|Any matter||Your mentor|
|Grading (and being advised)||Gradings Officer, Chairman|
Training and Development
|Referee Developers, Discipline Officer, Training Officer, Appointments Secretary|
|New members||New Member Secretary
|Serious injury Form
Sending off and Abuse forms
|Website, Chairman and Discipline Officer|